Returns and Refund Policy
At Direct Drainage, we understand that mistakes happen and there may be occasions where you wish to return a product purchased from us. Please read below for details on returning goods to us, and the procedure for having your payment refunded.
Distance Selling Regulations
- You may cancel your order by giving us notice of cancellation within 14 working days of the date of collection or delivery. Such notice may be given by mailing, faxing or emailing to the number or address on your Direct Drainage invoice.
- We accept returns of items where you have opened the outer packaging to inspect the goods. However, goods returned must not be marked or used in any way. If an item is returned to us and has clearly been used, it will be disposed of and no refund will be issued (this is not in the case where goods are reported faulty within their warranty period). Goods should be returned in the original packaging wherever possible, with any packaging and accessories – please also include a copy of the invoice to aid the refund process.
- If you are cancelling your order because of a problem or defect with the goods, please notify us at the time of cancellation.
- Upon cancellation, you must organise return of the goods to us at your cost. The exception to this is if the goods are faulty, in which case we will organise collection for items necessary to be collected by courier, or for items which can be returned by post we will reimburse reasonable postage costs.
- If you receive an incorrect order, such as an item different to the one you ordered, please notify us within 2 working days of receiving your goods. We will ask you to return the incorrect item and will organise dispatch of the correct item, with no additional postage charge.
If you have changed your mind
Unused, unaltered items where the condition remains as new and the customer is returning as the item(s) are no longer required, may be returned at the buyer’s expense with the agreement of Direct Drainage. Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations you can return your order up to 14 days from the date you received your goods from us. Upon receipt and restocking, we will arrange a refund back to the original card that was used for payment (minus delivery cost). We reserve the right to charge a re-stocking and handling fee, at a minimum rate of 10% of the total invoice price excluding taxes. The buyer assumes all risk of loss of such returned goods, until actual receipt and acceptance by Direct Drainage.
If your order is damaged or faulty
If you take receipt of your order from Direct Drainage and find the products to be damaged or faulty, please inform us immediately. You will be required to photograph the damage and send these photographs in an email to us, and we may arrange for the items to be returned back to us in addition to replacing the products if we deem this necessary.
Direct Drainage does not cover damage during fitting, accidental or malicious damage, improper use or negligence, general wear and tear, damage due to poor installation or servicing or consequential loss.
If you want to exchange a product
If you wish to exchange your goods for another size/type of product, please advise us immediately and we will confirm any cost difference. Where an incorrect size/type of product has been ordered by yourself, we will inspect the product when returned to us by yourself, and if it is in a re-sellable condition we will then dispatch the replacement item (following receipt of payment by yourself for any price difference, if applicable).
Exceptions may occur for the supply of treatment systems, septic tanks, pump stations, separators and rainwater harvesters, where these goods are sent directly from the manufacturer. This is in light of manufacturers operating their own returns policies.
You have the right to cancel your order within 14 days of your contract with us, RA Dalton Limited (Direct Drainage) or 14 days of receipt of the goods, whichever is the longer term. If you do find it necessary to cancel your order, you will have your payment refunded (minus delivery cost), and you must organise the return of the goods to us. You must contact us immediately via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01388 537050 should you wish to return a product.